Talagang

Talagang is the city in province Punjab of Pakistan. It is also the headquarters of Talagang Tehsil, is a town located in Chakwal District, Punjab. 

Location:

It is located at 32°55’0N 72°25’0E and lies about 30 kilometers from the M2 motorway and about 45 kilometers from the district capital, Chakwal.

Dharabi Dam, Chakwal Talagang

                                                                                                                  Dharabi Dam, Chakwal Talagang

Language:

Punjabi is the main language of Talagang while there are also other languages spoken here in this city. About 90% of the people speak Punjabi language and the rest 10% of the people speak other languages. Urdu is the national language so it is understood and spoken here. English is also understood and spoken by the educated people. 

Division:

The tehsil is divided into 23 Union councils, two of which form the city of Talagang.

Talagang road

                                                                                                                                        Talagang road

Villages:

There were approximately 114 villages in 2012 under the tehsil administration of Talagang.

Health Facilities:

Talagang has infrastructure of public sector health facilities. The city hosts the tehsil headquarters hospital and a 50-bed city hospital. Apart from public sector health facilities there are number of hospitals in private sector. Major hospitals are Al Karam Hospital, Al Qamar Hospital, Madina Hospital, Saad Hospital etc.

Literacy:

This city has a good literacy rate. It has many Govt and private schools and colleges. In public sector, Talagang has separate campuses of boys and girls colleges and one post graduate college which offers master level classes for both male and female.

chambir river near Talagang

                                                                                                                                     Chambir river near Talagang

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.